Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Manga: Isshuukan Friends

Isshuukan Friends
by: Hazuki Maccha
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School life, slice of life
Others: Recently made Anime! [LINK HERE]
Hase Yuuki is interested in his unsociable classmate Fujimiya Kaori. Since he sits behind her in class, the only thing he ever gets to see is her back. One day, when they're alone in a hallway, he blurts out to her, "Would you become friends with me?". But her answer is, "I'm happy, but I can't."?! What could be the reason for this answer?
The story centers around Fujimiya and the fact that she is unable to make friends due to the fact that every Monday she forgets it all. Note: this is not a spoiler! This is where cutie Hase comes in. He tries everyday and every week to stay her friend, even if it means starting over every week.
LAWL one of the funniest parts in the manga XD
click to see it bigger!
What was interesting about this manga was the artwork style! The author uses four panels on some and some the regular manga format (sorry I don't know what it's called).
I loved the art style of this author! It's so cute! The character designs were so cute it was beyond words. > O <

It's not a very captivating storyline but there were points in the story that were very touching. Needless to say, Isshuukan Friends (or One Week Friends) is probably the lightest manga I've read...even if the topic can be a little bittersweet at points. </3


Lovely scale:

5 comments:

  1. Is Ishuukan Friends animated? 'Cause I just feel like I heard it from somewhere and it's definitely not the manga. Ah, Delaney! I've been in such a blogging slump lately I've mostly been reading manga and watching anime. I don't really like reviewing either since they're just for relaxing. Plus it's just weird to review manga and anime. Tried it once, never doing it again. Probably. Unless I'm really in need of posts. We should chat sometime about manga and anime! Msg me :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It recently got an anime adaption! ^O^
      I know it's summer and I'm still in a blogging ehhh, I'm trying! This is such a late reply ;O; but yeah go anime watching!<3

      Delete
  2. What the heck this sounds SO DEPRESSING! But I'm still going to read it/watch it because YES it is an anime http://myanimelist.net/anime/21327/Isshuukan_Friends.

    The characters just look SO CUTE <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have heard about this (well, about the anime), but I rarely go for bittersweet...
    Glad you're enjoying it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to keep an eye out for this one, Delaney! It sounds fun and interesting and I like the prospect of this character working to remain Fujimiya's friend, even when it's difficult. That sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^